SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When contacting us, either via email or chat, only the information you provide (such as your email), is added to our email list. Please see 'email marketing' and 'consent' below for more information.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): We may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You may unsubscribe at any time by either emailing us, or clicking the 'unsubscribe' button located in all of our emails and promotional messages.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If, when you're checking out, we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If you reach out to us via our live chat, and provide us with your contact information, such as your email, phone, etc. you are granting us permission to send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at info@Eargasm.com.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 5 - EARGASM EAR SCANNER APP
Data Collection, Storage, and Sharing:
- The Eargasm Ear Scanner App collects the following information, with your consent:
- Your ear scans
- Your ear photos
- Your name, email address and order number (if applicable)
- Eargasm does not share your data with any third party services. We may use your email to send you promotional materials from our store, but you are more than welcome to unsubscribe at any time.
- Eargasm retains non-customer data sent via the app for 30 days, after which they are deleted. Our data is stored in the US with a Cloud Provider (AWS). If you'd like to request deletion of your data, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of this.
- Eargasm does not share customer information with third party users, or applications, except for in the case of sending promotional materials such as emails and product recommendations.You may unsubscribe from these lists at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe' or contacting us at email@example.com.
- The Eargasm Ear Scanner App is designed to retain scan and customer information for the purpose of creating custom ear molds for our Eargasm custom Headphones and Earplugs products. Data is not saved on our system until you click the 'submit' button. You may exit the application at any time if you would prefer not to upload your scans/images/information.
- The Eargasm Ear Scanner App will only ask you for the information requested under the section titled 'Data Collection, Storage, and Sharing'. This data is collected for the purpose of connecting the information to an order that was created, or will be created, or for sending promotional messages such as discounts, or the release of new products.
- Eargasm will never ask you for payment information, addresses, etc. via our app.
- Eargasm does not request access to any information that is not explicitly outlined via our app; access to your camera is required as we must use our technology to create a scan of your face, along with referential photos of your ears.
- Eargasm does not require the use or creation of an account to upload the information as outlined above.
SECTION 6 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 7 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.